Sunday, July 31, 2011
Triratna Buddhist Community
The Triratna Buddhist Community - formerly known as the Friends of the Western Buddhist Order (FWBO) - was founded in 1967 by Sangharakshita. It is now an international movement with activities in more than 20 countries, including India. The Triratna Buddhist Community is a non-sectarian Buddhist movement which seeks promote the practice of Buddhism in a form appropriate to the modern world.
Triratna means "Three Jewels", specifically the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha, which are the central foci of a Buddhist's life and practice. They've long been represented in our logo and we're delighted that our name will now reflect them as well.
Contact Triratna News
Triratna news delivered
Previous posts by topic
Academic, Addiction, Africa, Akasavana, Amaravati, Ambedkar, Arts, Aryaloka, Australia, Authors, BBC, Belgium, Berlin, Bhutan, Birmingham, Bodh Gaya, Books, Boston, Brazil, Breathworks, Brighton, Bristol, Buddhafield, Cambridge, Canada, Cardiff, Carers retreats, CD, Celebrations, Children, China, Clear Vision, Communities, Croydon, Cuba, Dana, Death, Delhi, Denmark, Dhammakranti, Dhanakosa, Dhardo Rinpoche, Dharma teaching, Dharmaduta, Dharmapala College, Disability, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Eco-Dharma, Edinburgh, Education, Engaged Buddhism, Facebook, Features, festival, Finland, France, Free Buddhist Audio, Funding, Fundraising, FWBO, FWBO Development Team, FWBO People, Germany, Glasgow, FWBO Groups, Guhyaloka, Health, Holland, Homelessness, Hungary, India, INEB, Interbuddhist, Interfaith, Ipswich, Ireland, Japan, Jobs, Johannesburg, Karuna, Kent, Kerala, Korea, LBC, Leeds, London, Maharastra, Maine, Malaysia, Manchester, Mauritania, Media, Meditation, Metta Vihara, Mexico, Mindfulness, Mitras, Mongolia, Mumbai, Musicians, Nagarjuna, Nagpur, Nepal, New Hampshire, New Zealand, Newcastle, NNBY, North London, Norway, Nottingham, NTI, NVC, Obituaries, Online, Order events, Ordination, Padmaloka, Parents, Paris, Peterborough, Photographs, Pilgrimage, Poland, Preceptors, Prisons, Psychotherapy, publications, Pune, Radio, research, Resignations, Retreats, Right Livelihood, Russia, San Francisco, Sangharakshita, Sarnath, Schools, Scotland, Sheffield, Singapore, Social projects, South America, Spain, Sri Lanka, Stupas, Sudarshanaloka, Survey, Sweden, Sydney, Tamil Nadu, Taraloka, TBMSG, Thailand, Tibet, Tiratanaloka, Translations, Turkey, UK, Urthona, USA, Vajraloka, Valencia, Veganism, Vegetarianism, Venezuela, Video, Visiting Teachers, Wales, WBO, Websites, Wildmind, Windhorse, Windhorse Publications, Women, Yatra, Youth
- Triratna Training Course ends; another one planned...
- Akasabhadra arrives in Wolverhampton
- 60 new Mitras at the Mexico City Buddhist Center
- A death in the Order
- Visible Mantra book now available: Visualising & W...
- Sangharakshita's Diary, July 2011
- 16th Buddhafield Festival closes to rave reviews
- Ordination in Missoula, Montana
- Building work starts with celebrations and rituals...
- German tour raises 1,000€ for Bodh Gaya centre dev...
- Triratna Buddhist Community home page
- Triratna in India
- Triratna People
- Triratna Photos
- Triratna Buddhist Community Yahoo discussion group
- Stephen Parks Bell
- Roy Peters
- Suvannavira in Russia
- College of Public Preceptors - responsible for training for men and women seeking ordination into the Triratna Buddhist Order
- Karuna Appeal volunteers - Fundraisers raising money for social and dhamma work in India
- Free Buddhist Audio - Triratna audio/text archive
- Tiratanaloka - Helping women prepare for ordination into the Triratna Buddhist Order
- Padmaloka - News from Padmaloka men's retreat centre